This program is specifically tailored for your pre and post retirement needs.
Pre-retirees – How much do I need?
The whole concept of retirement can be very confronting. The job you do plays a large part in your perception of personal value and leaving it behind is no small step.
Additionally, when the first decision is usually – ‘When will I retire?’ – it feels like you are under pressure to draw a line in the sand.
At RFS we recognise that a lot of people like what they do and they aren’t sure when they want to stop working. However, they recognise that they will have to stop working at some stage.
We believe that you need to work towards ‘Making Work Optional’:
- If one day you decide you don’t like work anymore or a health or family issue changes your plans you need to be ready to make that decision and know you can make that decision without fear… or with as little fear as possible.
- To understand what making work optional means, you have to be able to picture what life after retirement looks like.
- What are the things on your life list that you have been putting off until you retire?
- Where will you live?
- What places do you want to visit or revisit?
- What would you like to learn?
- What events would you love to attend?
You will have your normal income costs like rates, telephone, electricity and health but you need to understand your lifestyle needs. Armed with this, we can help you determine how much income you will need, especially as you start what we believe can be a wonderful time in your life.
When we know the income needs, then we can build a plan;
- How much capital is required to generate your desired lifestyle income?
- What assets have you already accumulated and what income can they produce?
- What is the ‘asset gap’ and how can we close it?
(It is also prudent to allow for ‘surprises’ by exceeding the gap if possible.)
- What milestones do we need to achieve to check the plan is on track.
- Implement and then regularly review.